In this article, I share my adventure in creating my own DIY natural eyeliner. By combining activated charcoal, cacao powder, and coconut oil, I was able to create a homemade eyeliner that not only smelled amazing but also had a unique character. Though it required a few layers for intensity and had a tendency to smudge, the satisfaction of using a product I made myself outweighed any drawbacks. So, to all the beauty enthusiasts out there, I highly recommend giving it a try!
How do you make DIY natural eyeliner?
- Combine 3 capsules of activated charcoal with a pinch of cacao powder in a small container.
- Add about half a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Mix with a tool (like the end of an eyeliner brush) until smooth.
- Adjust cacao for desired color and apply in layers for intensity.
So, there I was, plotting my next beauty adventure when it struck me – why not create my own eyeliner? You’re probably thinking, “Hold up, DIY eyeliner?!” Yep, you heard right. Today was the day I put my creativity to the test and concocted my very own natural eyeliner recipe. Buckle up, ladies, we’re about to go on a ride through the land of homemade cosmetics.
The Essential Ingredients
One of the best parts about whipping up your own cosmetics is that you know exactly what’s going into it. Zero unpronounceable chemicals, and 100% natural goodness. Here’s what I used for my eyeliner mix:
- A small container
- Activated charcoal
- Coconut oil
- A mixing tool (I used the end of my eyeliner brush)
- And my secret ingredient: a dash of cacao powder.
The cacao adds a hint of a chocolatey scent, but it also can be used to tweak the color of your liner if you prefer it brown.
The Perfect Blend
Into my chosen container, I combined 3 capsules of activated charcoal, a pinch of cacao powder, and around half a teaspoon of coconut oil. I found the end of my eyeliner brush to be the perfect tool for combining the ingredients. As I mixed, the heat from my hand gently melted the coconut oil, allowing all the elements to blend seamlessly together. It was a simple and clean process, which left me feeling quite proud.
The Final Verdict
Now, the question you’ve all been wondering – how did it turn out? Well, let me tell you, the addition of cacao powder was a game-changer. Not only did it make my natural eyeliner smell like a tropical paradise, but it also gave it a unique character.
On application, the eyeliner had a lovely, smooth texture but required a couple of layers to achieve the intensity I was after. I ended up with a slightly smoky eyeliner effect, which I found quite attractive, but it did tend to smudge a little.
Given that it’s a homemade product, it doesn’t quite have the staying power of store-bought eyeliners, but that’s a compromise I’m willing to make. After all, I’ve created a product that’s all-natural, free from chemicals, and customizable to my liking. Plus, the feeling of accomplishment from using a product I made myself is pretty unbeatable.
To all the beauty enthusiasts out there, I’d say give it a go. It’s an interesting experience, and who knows, you might just stumble upon your new favorite product!
- You can make DIY natural eyeliner using activated charcoal, cacao powder, and coconut oil.
- Mix 3 capsules of activated charcoal, a pinch of cacao powder, and about half a teaspoon of coconut oil in a small container.
- Use a tool like the end of an eyeliner brush to mix the ingredients until smooth.
- Adjust the cacao powder for desired color and apply the eyeliner in layers for intensity.
- The homemade eyeliner has a unique character and a smoky effect, but it may smudge and doesn’t have the staying power of store-bought eyeliners.